• $311,519 Total cash contributions
• 1,060 total volunteer hours completed
• Offered 15 programs and participated in an additional 16
How does your firm make decisions about what philanthropic programs to offer, events to participate in, and funds to donate?
Carson’s Corporate Giving Committee plans programs, events, and donations based on stakeholder suggestions, stakeholder organization involvement, and support. The Committee also looks at our local impact in Omaha and organizations we can impact.
How do you motivate your employees to participate in the firm’s philanthropic programs?
- This depends on the program! Stakeholders (our term for employees) are motivated in a few ways:
- Ability to use VTO or if participating in a company-based volunteer outing, no PTO/VTO is needed
- Fun Incentives: Many of our corporate giving events and programs include food, beverages, and t-shirts
- Incorporating family and friends: We encourage stakeholders family and friends to join in support or attend events
- Most importantly, we support organizations that are close to our stakeholders, so they feel connected and motivated to participate.
How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your firm’s philanthropic efforts? In what ways have you pivoted as a result?
During the pandemic, we raised funds and donations for many local organizations and started a national partnership with charity:water.
Volunteer programs offered by Carson Group:
- Recognizing Black History Month IDEA Council Program
- Fundraising Drive for The Alzheimer’s Association
- Year-long partnership with No Hungry Children sponsoring a school in Kenya
- Quarterly Dog Rescue program selling Nelly’s shirts that raised funds for Harbor of Hope Dog Rescue
- Collected items to send to Afghan refugees
- Carson Health Center Summer Sculpt Challenge – Entering funds go to Dreamweaver Foundation
- Honor a Veteran Program – flags, breakfast, and display boards
- Carson Health Center Earn Your Bird Challenge – Entering funds go to Dreamweaver Foundation
- Partnership with charity:water
- Making Spirits Bright Holiday Card Program with Dreamweaver Foundation
- Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program with Carson’s Veterans Resource Group
- Omaha’s Giving Tuesday – Carson donation match program
- Quarterly Dog Rescue program selling Nelly’s shirts that raised funds for Heartland German Shepherd Rescue
- Artwork sale for Dreamweaver Foundation
- Diaper drive for Omaha’s the Lydia House at Open Door Mission with Channel 94.1