Please read our FAQs carefully before emailing us. We receive many emails during the course of our programs and, while we return emails as quickly as possible, you are best served by following the information below.
Charitable Champions Key Dates
- Application Open: May 29, 2023
- Application Deadline: July 7, 2023
- Winners Announced: August 16, 2023
How frequently can a company apply?
Charitable Champions Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration, firms must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
- Have a minimum of three employees in the United States. All employees in your company should be included in your employee count, not just your financial advising department.
- Be a financial advice or wealth management firm providing direct financial advice to households or organizations. This includes registered investment advisers (RIA), those affiliated with an independent broker-dealer (IBD), a hybrid/dually-registered firm affiliated with an IBD and doing business through an RIA, and wealth management teams.
- Nominees must be in good standing with state and federal securities regulators.
Home offices and firms that support the financial advice profession are not eligible.
Are international companies eligible for the Charitable Champions?
This awards program is for U.S. firms only.
Is there any monetary award associated with the list?
There is no monetary award.
What are the criteria that submissions will be judged on?
Corporate finalists will be selected based on the company’s demonstrated ability to encourage philanthropy amongst its employees, financial advisors and senior leaders, and make an impact in its community. Criteria include:
- Leadership & Culture: Does the firm create a culture that inspires increased volunteer efforts but also employee growth and development? Does the firm tell its story in a compelling way?
- Events & Activities: Does the firm offer compelling philanthropic events and activities for its employees to participate in?
- Incentives: Does the company offer incentives for employees and advisors to participate in corporate giving programs? This includes matching gift programs and volunteer time off.
- Contributions: Does the firm contribute time and funds towards the betterment of its community?
- Impact & Inspiration: How effective are the firm’s philanthropic efforts? Has the firm made an impact on nonprofits and its community? Does the firm offer any unique and/or best of breed programs that will inspire other firms?
What time frame are applications evaluated on?
January 1 – December 31, 2022.
IiO Awards Key Dates
- Nominations Open: February 13, 2023
- Nominations Deadline: April 5, 2023
- Applications Deadline: April 21, 2023
- Finalists Announced: July 17, 2023
- Winners Announced: September 20, 2023 at the IiO Awards Gala at the Westin Boston Seaport District in Boston.
IiO Office Hours Recap
View the powerpoint recap of our 2023 Office Hours.
- IiO Awards Process at a Glance
- Nominations Process
- Nomination Form – Requested Information
- Application Form – Requested Information
- Application Form – FAQ
- IiO Award Category Descriptions
- Judging Criteria
- Judging Process
- Finalists Announced
- Honorable Mentions Announced
- IiO Gala
- Award Funding
- Past Winner/Finalist Areas of Impact
- Geographic Distribtion of Awards & Grants
- Key Dates
How do I nominate a financial advisor for the Invest in Others Awards?
If you’ve never created a username or password for Invest in Others, create a new profile by clicking on “New User?” button under the email text box. If you have a username and password, please login to access the nomination form. Answers to frequently asked technical support questions can be found below.
Magnify your firm’s commitment to philanthropy and become an Invest in Others sponsor today.