Grants for Change Program Marketing Materials
About the Program
Through Grants for Change, Invest in Others will award grants of up to $25,000 to nonprofits that are working to create and enhance opportunities for communities of color, providing essential services to causes such as social justice, employment and education—with the goal of leveling the playing field and providing life-changing opportunities to underserved communities.
The nonprofit’s work must display a measurable commitment to corporate, social, and community contributions that enhance opportunities for Black people and other underserved groups.The types of projects/programs eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, those focused on:
- Improving business and internship opportunities and strengthening professional networks
- Providing opportunities for mentorship and support services to reduce barriers to entry
- Increasing access to education, including equitable learning resources, job training/reskilling, college/career readiness, and financial literacy
- Removing racial disparities in healthcare
- Eliminating racial inequity in the criminal justice system
Applications are only accepted online via investinothers.org/grants-for-change.
Any person who works in the financial services ecosystem is eligible to apply on behalf of a nonprofit.This includes financial advisors and their staff as well as employees of asset managers, broker-dealers, clearing firms and custodians, FinTech firms, insurance companies, TAMPS, wirehouses, and more.
The nonprofit must be a U.S.-based nonprofit organization or educational institution with tax-exempt status granted under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). U.S.-based nonprofits whose primary mission is to help those who live outside of the U.S. are not eligible for this particular program.
For more information regarding eligibility, please visit our Grants for Change webpage.
How You Can Help
- Promote IiO’s call for applications in your firm’s newsletters, emails, and/or intranet
- Reminder: This is open to financial advisors AND anyone who works in financial services. This includes you and your colleagues!
- Share social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn with your followers
- Partner with IiO on an employee giving campaign to support this initiative
- Make a donation towards this initiative
Dates & Deadlines
- April 26: Application opens
- May 14: Application deadline
- June 18: Winners announced
Call for Applications – Suggested Language
Do you support a nonprofit that provides opportunities for communities of color? Apply for an Invest in Others Grant for Change by May 14th! Grants of up to $25,000 are available and anyone working in financial services can apply on behalf of a nonprofit. Applications are accepted at investinothers.org/grants-for-change.
Through Grants for Change, Invest in Others will award grants of up to $25,000 to nonprofits that are working to create and enhance opportunities for communities of color, providing essential services to causes such as social justice, employment and education—with the goal of leveling the playing field and providing life-changing opportunities to under-served communities. Anyone working in the financial services industry is eligible to apply on behalf of a nonprofit. Applications are accepted at investinothers.org/grants-for-change until May 14th.
If promoting on social media, please tag our accounts accordingly.