Invest in Others offers two grant opportunities – Grants for Good and Grants for Change – to provide funding to meet the critical needs of nonprofits and the communities they serve.
Our Grants for Good and Grants for Change programs provide an opportunity for those working in the financial services industry to secure funding for specific programs or projects on behalf of a nonprofit that they support.
Whether it’s enhancing an existing program or supporting a new initiative, financial professionals can help bridge funding gaps through these grant opportunities.
Each grant program awards up to $20,000 to nonprofits – grant requests will be considered for program support, seed money, and capital improvements.
Our Grants for Good program awards funds to nonprofits across a breadth of causes, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Arts and culture
- Education and youth programs
- Health and wellness
- Human services and economic development
- Hunger and poverty prevention
- Military and Veterans
Our Grants for Change program awards funds to nonprofits that are working to create and enhance opportunities for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities. Some examples of programs and initiatives eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improving business and internship opportunities and strengthening professional networks
- Providing opportunities for mentorship and support services to reduce barriers to entry
- Increasing access to education, including equitable learning resources, job training, college and career readiness, and financial literacy
- Reducing racial disparities in healthcare
- Eliminating racial inequities in the criminal justice system
- Any person who works in the financial services ecosystem is eligible to apply on behalf of a nonprofit. This includes financial advisors and their staff as well as employees of asset managers, broker-dealers, clearing firms and custodians, FinTech firms, industry associations, insurance companies, TAMPS, wirehouses, and more.
- Past Grant Recipients and IiO Award Winners and Finalists: If an advisor has received a grant or was honored as an IiO Awards finalist or winner within the past five years, they cannot apply for a grant for the same charity. They can only apply for a different charity with which they are involved. Invest in Others Awards Honorable Mentions are still welcome to apply with the same charity.
- Applicants must be an active, current volunteer with the nonprofit organization
- Applicants may only fill out an application on behalf of one organization. If you support more than one, please choose the nonprofit that best fits our criteria. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
- The nonprofit must be a U.S.-based nonprofit organization or educational institution with tax-exempt status granted under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). U.S.-based nonprofits whose primary mission is to help those who live outside of the U.S. are not eligible for this particular program.
Questions? Please contact us and we will respond in a timely fashion.
Lead Program Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Learn more →
Grant Program Sponsors
- Columbia Threadneedle
- Equitable Foundation
- FS Investments
- Orion Advisor Solutions